Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

FD1000...3-Line Break

@FD1000 I have been reading that you are a proponent of 3-line break. What is it telling you today regarding ORNAX and NHMAX? Please don't come back in three weeks and tell us what it told you on 7-14-23.

Comments

• I would think that it's a 'not yet' for ORNAX, but a buy for NHMAX; based on previous posts. We'll see....
  • Mona said:

@FD1000 I have been reading that you are a proponent of 3-line break. What is it telling you today regarding ORNAX and NHMAX? Please don't come back in three weeks and tell us what it told you on 7-14-23.

mmm...so you want to learn but over the years you weren't so nice.

• FD1000 said:

Mona said:

Racq wants to learn too, and he has been very nice to you.
  • Deny, delay, deflect. The Red Party way!
  • You two really deserve each other.
  • Old_Joe said:

You two really deserve each other.

The animosity between Stillers and FD is very longstanding, but the original post on this thread, directed to FD specifically, was not worded in a very inviting or constructive tone. I am a bit surprised FD replied at all.
  • edited July 2023
    Old_Joe said:

Mona asked a serious, honest question, pretty much knowing she would NOT get a serious, honest answer.

FD deflected, just as he has done since I first read a post of his about 15 years ago.

I duly noted that.

And yet you troll me.

Got it.
  • dtconroe said:

Old_Joe said:

The animosity between Stillers and FD is very longstanding, but the original post on this thread, directed to FD specifically, was not worded in a very inviting or constructive tone. I am a bit surprised FD replied at all.
    (Guffaw!)

Yeah, I worked in the fraud bizness for 35+ years and FD, to me and many others, is the quintessential investment forum fraud. So yeah, there's a wee bit of animosity.

• Two self-important brats throwing mud. Who needs it?
  • edited July 2023
    Well, at least it gives you something to do, eh?

"Two self-important brats..."?!?!
    As the Blonde Bomber would say, "Now that's funny!" (Wink!)

Meanwhile, the investment world waits for FD to provide a straight answer to a serious question., which most know is NOT forthcoming as it's about something prospective instead of retroactive.
  • edited July 2023
    Mona said:

FD1000 said:

Mona said:

No problem, Racq can contact me and I will be glad to explain it. You trashed me before too.
  • To repeat... nah, never mind.. they are what they are.
  • Mona said:

You either believe and use the 3-line break or don't. Sometimes it takes some nerve to do it.
  • edited July 2023
    FD1000 said:

Mona said:

FD1000 said:

Mona said:

No problem, Racq can contact me and I will be glad to explain it. You trashed me before too.
    No more posts from me on this thread.
    Like I said, perhaps this time in more colorful terms, if you're asking FD to publicly state something prospectively about the markets or his secret sauce strategies and/or holdings, settle into your favorite armchair and pound salt.

It just simply ain't gonna happen. EVER!

Because that alone would blow his cover.

Nice try though @mona!
  • stillers said:

FD1000 said:

Mona said:

FD1000 said:

Mona said:

No more posts from me on this thread.
    Like I said, perhaps this time in more colorful terms, if you're asking FD to publicly state something prospectively about the markets or his secret sauce strategies and/or holdings, settle into your favorite armchair and pound salt.

It just simply ain't gonna happen. EVER!

Because that alone would blow his cover.

Nice try though @mona!
    Wow, you make a fool of yourself. I posted about it many times on other sites with examples.
    Is this the same stillers that kept posting for years the following: FD lies all the time, FD will never retire, if he would retire he would never make it...and so many other false statements. Well, I retired in 2018 and my portfolio grew so much more, including all the expenses.
  • You two self-important brats are such an asset to MFO. Please go back to wherever you came from.
  • edited July 2023
    Isn't it amazing how much negative impact one or two individuals can have?
    On another popular investment forum several years ago, one person's demeanor was abhorrent.
    This person's actions resulted in the ultimate departure of multiple, knowledgeable forum participants.
    I'd hate to see that happen here...
  • The two principals in this discussion used to populate the M* discussion forum with the same childlike sniping between them. To M*'s credit they had an ignore feature whereby one could have their comments deleted from the thread feed. They weren't the only trolls by any stretch of the imagination. I don't even know if M* still has discussion forums anymore.
  • edited July 2023
    Just pay attention who always starts this and who trashed others?
  • Actually, much better to not pay any attention to either of you. So I keep telling myself, anyhow.
  • Maybe the two belligerents need to take a long walk to cool off.

• I'm so glad others are stepping up to show dislike for what these 2 participants bring to the table. One seems to be a self-absorbed ego maniac. The other a pure bully. They do deserve each other.
  • edited July 2023
    I agree with stillers.... but unlike him, I've learned to ignore BS1000.
  • What someone posts is either demonstrably logical or it is not. Attacking someone is not logical; it is emotional and simply leads to acrimony. I don't have to LIKE someone to listen to their argument and evaluate it on its merits. It is also not compulsory to respond to someone's post. If you can refute their argument with FACTS and LOGIC, have at it. Otherwise, move on. Why is that so difficult?
  • What someone posts is either demonstrably logical or it is not. Attacking someone is not logical; it is emotional and simply leads to acrimony. I don't have to LIKE someone to listen to their argument and evaluate it on its merits. It is also not compulsory to respond to someone's post. If you can refute their argument with FACTS and LOGIC, have at it. Otherwise, move on. Why is that so difficult?

Well said, racqueteer.

Fred
  • edited July 2023

It's "difficult" because it's essentially the same thing as tolerating a few louts screaming and interrupting an otherwise calm and civil meeting just because they feel entitled to do that.

That conduct is similar to what we've now come to see as "normal" in the political arena, especially from individuals who have limited or no previous experience in the mainline political environment, and no concept at all of how to conduct a civil exchange of viewpoints.

I don't respect that in the political environment, and I certainly don't appreciate a few ill-tempered juvenile louts poisoning the environment here at MFO.

• edited July 2023
    Old_Joe said:

It's "difficult" because it's essentially the same thing as tolerating a few louts screaming and interrupting an otherwise calm and civil meeting just because they feel entitled to do that.

That conduct is similar to what we've now come to see as "normal" in the political arena, especially from individuals who have limited or no previous experience in the mainline political environment, and no concept at all of how to conduct a civil exchange of viewpoints.

I don't respect that in the political environment, and I certainly don't appreciate a few ill-tempered juvenile louts poisoning the environment here at MFO.

OJ, I want to note that FD has run some of the most popular threads, on several different forums over the years. He developed a large following from bond oef investors, with his monthly threads on Bond OEFs. He offered some detailed charts of bond oefs by category, with a listing of diagnostic information, and performance history. It was a ton of monthly work, but very valued by a large number of posters. I think he grew weary of putting that much work into monthly bond oef threads, and he did have to deal with a handful of detractors, that he got tired of battling. I suspect those posters, who greatly valued those threads, would welcome him back to those kind of threads, but I doubt he will choose to do that again.

Just my perspective for what is worth.