Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

U.S. Treasury Rates, 30, 10, 5, 1 year - 6, 3 and 1 month. An active graphic

edited January 24 in Other Investing
You may have an interest in current Treasury yields across various issue durations. The most current yield is available to the far right of any line. Hover a pointer there to display the yield, which is auto refreshed at the end of a business day. The time frame is set for one month (21 days) and moves forward in dates (an active graphic). If one chooses to view a different time frame, right click the '21 days' to select from a drop down menu. The graphic is 'yields', and not for performance or pricing.

UST's, 30 year - 1 month.....a 'yield graphic.

Remain curious,
Catch

Comments

• Timing is everything, enter 3 month !
  • While the Treasury yield-curve is weird. It has an unusual dip in the belly. It seems that an inverted yield-curve is trying to normalize (to up-sloping), but the Fed has literally fixed the short end.
    https://www.ustreasuryyieldcurve.com/
  • Hi @Derf As I had not yet performed my 'good deed' for today, I've placed the 3 month yield into the graphic. I could have also placed the 2 and 7 year yields, but the graphic becomes too busy. You are now obliged to continue or offer more monetary support to MFO !!!:)
  • edited January 21
    Thanks @yogibearbull Your graphic posting is a nice and easy view.

Whomever is looking at these graphics and find some value, you all now have a thread to return to, and/or save the sites (2) for future use. They both offer a slightly different view.
  • While the Treasury yield-curve is weird. It has an unusual dip in the belly. It seems that an inverted yield-curve is trying to normalize (to up-sloping), but the Fed has literally fixed the short end.
    https://www.ustreasuryyieldcurve.com/

This doesn't exactly align with the belly, but I found it interesting that most yields are still significantly above where they were at the start of 2023 except for 1 - 7 year maturities where they are the same as 2023 (at the low end of that range) to 1/4% higher at 7 years.

In other parts of the curve, the current yields are around 1% higher now at the short end (1.5% higher at 1 mo.) than Jan 2023 and around 1/2% higher at the long end. If one squints just right, that seems to follow the same contour as the yield curve itself.

This might just be another way of saying that the yield curve is flattening, or as you put it, on its way to transitioning from an inverted curve to a normal curve.

ov/resource-center/data-chart-center/interest-rates/TextView?type=daily_treasury_yield_curve&field_tdr_date_value=2024

• @catch22 : I'm a yearly contributor to MFO. I also took a look at 3 month yield & it appears flat to DOWN, where as yield for 21 day is UP ! That's why I made comment, timing is everything. Sometimes you have to read between the lines I compose !
    Thanks for your charts, Derf