Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Discussion board software wish list (please post all your board wishes in this thread)

2»

Comments

• InformalEconomist:

Bold Italic Underscore

Just enter the HTML tags in your post. No different than FundAlarm in this respect. For example to get the above line you would enter:

<b>Bold</b> <i>Italic</i> <u>Underscore</u>
  • Thanks, Investor!
  • I would really like to see the handle of the poster of the first message in a thread along with the title. Right now, I can only see the handle of the last person to post a comment.
  • _bk
    edited April 2011
    Nice forum. Thanks David. (Brad & Chip too!)

I like this non-laddered, non-threaded whatever, board. Too many posts open the other way. However, a "quote" option really would help with this kind of layout. If someone is responded directly to what someone else posted sometimes it helps to be able to quote that post especially if there have been other posts in between.

A "mark all read" and/or "mark thread read" option would be nice to get rid of the new designation on threads you don't want to read.

I am assuming you looked over the themes and picked the one you liked the best. (if so great!) But if this is a default theme, I hope you consider changing it or adding more if that is an option. It may just be me but I am having a hard time focusing on the blue or something. Not quite enough contrast for me I think. Eyestrain.

Also, not sure why this is and which way you want it, but as a guest you can click on "activity" and see whose joined etc. as signed in member I am told I don't have permission.

Added later by edit: I see now that I have posted that we have the ability to edit our posts. In my experience, edited posts are usually marked as such and a time/date stamp is added. "Last edited Apr 7, 12:08pm"

mclaugh you can click on your favorite posters, then on the discussion tab to see their posts. For example, here are David's http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/index.php?p=/profile/discussions/37/David_Snowball
  • Add me, too, to those who want an expanded tree view of the replies to a message. There are several posters from Fund Alarm that I was always on the look out to read what they were saying. Thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi Maurice- true, and I agree with you that it isn't great, but at the top of this page is the standard set of navigation tabs... if you reclick on "Technical", for instance, it will take you back to the Technical rather than the main listing.

Also, I'm finding it very helpful to use the "Home" and End" buttons on the keyboard to navigate to the top or bottom of any page, rather than the constant scrolling. "End" to go directly to the most recent post on the page; "Home" to return to the top and the navigation tab set.

Regards- OJ
  • edited April 2011
    resolved