Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Former NPR Car Talk Co-Host Tom Magliozzi Dead at 77

edited November 2014 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Geez, sad to read this. I just listened to one of their old programs a few weeks ago on NPR. Both amazing people and likely from an amazing family, too. We need more of their kind in our foul world.
    Thank you @Maurice for this note.
    Catch
  • There was a short audio remembrance of Tommy on NPR this afternoon. They didn't use any clips from the boys' long career, perhaps out of deference to the family's desire for a bit of quiet.

David
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Very sorry to hear that. Wish I had so much fun doing my work! Even better --
    wish I know of a way to make even a relatively mundane subject so much fun
    and engaging!
  • edited November 2014
    One of few shows that made me really laugh. Very sorry to hear.

And the closing line...

"Well, you've wasted another perfectly good hour listening to Car Talk."

Crack me up.

Gotta love it.
  • edited November 2014
    ... Legal advisers: Dewey, Cheetham and Howe.

One of the all-time great programs, with plenty of excellent advice along with the fun. Both brothers MIT grads. Just read their column on Friday. Gonna miss those guys!
  • Sad to hear, too. I giggled at the credits at the end of the show, too. Actually part of the show. Were those credited positions ever the same thing twice in a row? ;) I recall the mention of the law firm which represented them: Dewey, Cheetham and Howe. Laugh!
  • If you are ever in Harvard Square in Cambridge, look up at the third floor window above the Curious George Bookshop -- Dewey, Cheetham and Howe in gold letters! It's the production office for the show. The brothers have a garage in Cambridge that we used to take our car to, enduring the same ribbing in person that they dished out on the radio show.