Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Delphic Oracle Lives!

edited November 2014 in Off-Topic
SPY Is Above Its Weekly Bollinger Band. Watch Out For Next Week

"Today’s move higher is another sign of market strength. We have seen this lead to further strength longer term. But there is, at least historically, a good chance that some of these gains will be retraced in the next week, or that consolidation will follow."

The latest technical insight from Yahoo!, complete with lots and lots of charts, graphs and magical hooga-booga!

Translation: The market may either go up or down.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Old_Joe said:

SPY Is Above Its Weekly Bollinger Band. Watch Out For Next Week

"Today’s move higher is another sign of market strength. We have seen this lead to further strength longer term. But there is, at least historically, a good chance that some of these gains will be retraced in the next week, or that consolidation will follow."

The latest technical insight from Yahoo!, complete with lots and lots of charts, graphs and magical hooga-booga!

Translation: The market may either go up or down.

they forgot about the "black swan" event:) it could go sideways as well. Then they could have covered all their bases.
  • Good to know. Let's go shopping. Or not.
  • @Accipiter- Good morning- you might get a chuckle out of the last entries in the "Apple Pay Gains Momentum" thread. (As you are probably quite aware, I find it very difficult to ignore a chance to stir up trouble.)
    :-)
  • edited November 2014
    Let's see. I'm ah think'in.........

The central banks.....still !

So, China is apparently worried about continued growth, so the People's Bank drops some rates; BOJ is buying a bunch of equity for their own portfolio, ECB is attempting to write new rules so that it may purchase various types of bonds.......what, is it that no one else will buy them ??? The dollar remains strong and the U.S. appears to be the best turd pile in town.
    And Putin stated that he is going to clean up corruption in his part of town........."Well, good luck with that project"; said the Devil to the disciple.
    Lots of electronic cash flying around, here and there. Plus, everyone and his brother company(s) who think that they spy a bargain are borrowing piles of money (that would be bonds, junkie) to purchase another company.

Hell, what could go wrong ???

Lastly, how about the global governments proposing and electing the International Monetary Fund to set all global monetary policy. Oh, wait; don't they already attempt this??? Wish I could be so "all seeing" in what is right or wrong with things monetary.

And @Old_Joe , it appears that you are able to move along for 4 or 5 days with behaving yourself. I suspect that is the national average..........so, you're good as gold.:)

Back to moving snow here.....and waiting for freezing rain in the next day. What fun living in the wonderful north of this country.

Happy Investing,
    Catch

• "you're good as gold"... I dunno... try to sell that one to rono and get back to me. :-)
  • Hey, I can't share a bottle or two of wine and have a pleasing conversion with gold!
  • @catch22: Awwww... shucks! Hey, we're headed north for the weekend, and then to San Diego next week for the holiday. If I don't get another chance, have a great Thanksgiving back there!

Take care- OJ