Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Holiday Greetings From Roy Weitz

Hi Ted,

Yes, I really appreciate it -- please say hello and season's greetings to everyone who might remember. I can't believe how much time and energy we spent on FundAlarm -- where did it all go (the energy in particular!) Things are well. Retirement is in the offing, perhaps a couple of years or so, and who knows: there might even be another Web site in me. Maybe something that combines cars, personal finance, and retirement planning? That would be fun.

Thanks again, and all the very best to you and yours in 2017, and beyond.

Regards,
Roy

Comments

• Glad to hear you are well Roy! Has it been more than ten years already? Merry Christmas.
  • Roy,

I really enjoyed the Fund Alarm site ... and, I sincerely wish you the very best this Holiday Season.

Skeeter
  • edited December 2016
    Roy, great to hear from you ! Thanks for all of your contributions over the years with FundAlarm. Please stay healthy and safe, with an overabundance of happiness !

Kevin
  • Wow Roy glad you are well!, What a great thing u started .
  • Holiday greetings back at you, Roy, you have many fans here, hope you become more regular as a poster at MFO. We love hearing from you, and wish you well in the coming year.
  • Roy, WOW! Have a VERY MERRY!
  • Always a pleasure to hear from you Roy. It's even better yet to hear that you're doing well. Take care and thank you for all of your efforts.
  • edited December 2016
    Greetings Roy. Thank you for getting the ball rolling for what has evolved to this fine site.
    I recall that I and @Old_Joe (a.k.a. OJ) never had a post deleted by you at FundAlarm.
    Course, my memory is not what it used to be.:)

---One portion of the front/home page of FundAlarm:

Commercial, off topic or offensive posts will be ruthlessly deleted

Take care of you and yours,
    Catch
  • Another well done for Roy. Thanks for starting me into investing in mutual funds.
    Derf
  • edited December 2016
    I'm afraid that @Catch22 's memory is definitely NOT what it should be. Wishing you the best Roy, and thanks again for being the grandfather of this fine site. I'm sorry about all of the times that you had to kill Catch22, unlike me, who was always well behaved and obeyed all of your rules.
  • I hope you spend a moment or two trying to envision the number of folks and families whose lives are better and richer because you launched FundAlarm.

Thank you.

Archaic
  • @Archaic, Outstanding insight, and I fully agree !! I am a better saver and investor, and financially wealthier thanks to Roy (and of course Ted, the resident Linkster )!

I always tell my beloved wife and loving mother of our seven children that there is only one thing worse than being old, and that is being old and poor. Statistically I will die before she will, and I don't want to see her live her last days in poverty. Granted, wealth does not ensure happiness, but maybe ...

Money Can Buy Happiness

Kevin
  • MJG
    edited December 2016
    Hi Roy,

Really good to hear from you, even this briefly. I miss your well researched,well documented, and well interpreted Fund Alarms. They made me better informed and a better investment decision maker.

Your fair-mindedness encouraged me to submit posts. I had never, ever posted before - anywhere. That allowed me to be ( and still am) a champion for Monte Carlo analyses when it was not well known or popular.

Please return to the investment wars as soon as possible. Your huge fan base trusts you and your insights. Until then, stay healthy, successful, and happy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

My Very Best Wishes.
  • Roy, It is good to hear you're doing well and your tireless contribution to FundAlarm. I am a better investor because of that wonderful website. Have a wonderful and merry holiday.