Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bulletin !!! Fairholme Fund To Be Liquidated

TedTed
edited April 2017 in Fund Discussions
FYI: On pace for its third consecutive bottom-decile calendar-year finish and after nearly $5 billion in three-year net outflows, Fairholme Fund will be liquidated as the close of business on Monday April 3, 2017. Bruce Berkowitz, Fairholme manager, is expected to hold a news conference early Monday to announce the fund's liquidation. As soon as further details become available, you can be sure the Linkster will link the information to the MFO Discussion Board.
Regards,
Ted

Comments

• LOL....Nice Try!!!:)
  • TedTed
    edited April 2017
    @Mulder: I'm trying the best I can, my sources are hard at work on this date to get an interview with Bruce Berkowitz. Details to follow: I just talked to MFO's cub reporter Lewis Braham who has a collect call into Bruce Berkowitz, but he's not answering his phone
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted ...........well, done. May be true before next April 1, eh?
    You may have triggered some here to "Google, collect call".:)
  • actually a more plausible scenario is for fairholme to go through the same scenario as third avenue credit fund. Another 1 billion out of the door and he may have to start selling illiquid assets. Good times.
  • From M*'s quote page:
    "On pace for its third consecutive bottom-decile calendar-year finish and after nearly $5 billion in three-year net outflows, Fairholme faces serious liquidity risks. These risks and...
    Read full Analyst Report"

I don't have premium access so those do may want to go there to see more. Mostly a good try by Ted but there maybe something to it down the road.
  • TedTed
    edited April 2017
    @MFO Members: As I imagine you know by now, Happy April Fool's Day !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • ...And I was just about to type: "OMG."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Maurice: MikeM, a big Bills fan, will be very pleased, I knew Tom couldn't get along with Bill Belichick !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • The end for Sears is surely in sight. I'm going to rush down there between NCAA games and order a few appliances!
  • MikeM, a big Bills fan, will be very pleased, I knew Tom couldn't get along with Bill Belichick !
    Man, I would be ecstatic just to see them both retire. I begrudgingly admit they are the best NFL dynasty of all time - at the Bills expense.
  • Kraft hiring a Ryan would be a good one, yeah. That and Manziel.
  • edited April 2017
    If Shadow had posted this article, I would have believed him:-D

However, I have to say this was much better than predictable "Trump resigns the Presidency" idea so many had yesterday. I actually sent out an email to my friends to tell them if they didn't stop I will never talk to them again. Then they thought *that* was an April Fool's joke.

Speaking of retirement, the two people who I think should have retired several years back are Denzel Washington and Nicholas Cage. It is so painful to watch them,

Aso.
  • edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • yes, the Belichick politics is different from Kraft (to some extent anyway)