Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M* Removes All Active Fund Managers And Makes All Funds Passive

FYI: For several days now, when you click on a fund's snapshot under the Management Heading there is no information on the tenure and history of the manager/managers. Is M* trying to tell us that they've removed all active managers and made their funds passive ? No, its just one of the many glitches that constantly bugs M*'s Website. They badly need a new Webmaster.
Regards,
Ted
Example: FCNTX:
http://financials.morningstar.com/fund/management.html?t=FCNTX&region=usa&culture=en_US

Comments

• Thanks, @Ted

This M* category return page remains stuck on calendar date, Sept. 26.

Perhaps the same date relative to Ted's comment.

http://news.morningstar.com/fund-category-returns/

• Don't know if it's related, but I've noticed a lot of August month-end distributions are not being shown on the fund pages. Some data glitch. I've alerted them to it, and they've been working on it for several weeks but so far no fix.
  • For what it's worth, I notified Morningstar of the manager problem five days ago. Here's what I've heard so far:

Hello David,

Thank you for writing to us.

I apologize for the delay in response and for the inconvenience you may have experienced in the interim. I did try replicating the issue and it seems to be a technical error due to which the portfolio manager data for the mutual funds is not been populated on the Management tab. I have requested our developers to assist us with the same and will keep you posted once I receive any response from them. For your reference, the case ID will be 01001640.

We appreciate your patience and understanding and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused!

If you have any additional questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reply to this email and I will be happy to further assist you.
    Best regards,

To the extent you see problems in their system, I'd encourage folks to write "[email protected]" to let them know. Their system has seemed incredibly glitch-y to me over the past couple months (lots of slow loads, blank pages and missing data), but I'm not sure if there are larger than usual issues going on.

David

• I've noticed that the Contact Information has been missing for awhile too.

• edited October 2017
    I recently wrote them about the faulty stock/fund search box at the top of every M* page (on the old site), and received a reply that M* is no longer fixing problems on the old site, in order to concentrate on the beta site.

Beta's still under construction, and from other answers on the M.com Discuss forum, it's going to be a while yet; one answer today involves fixing a problem id'd by a user "in the coming weeks."

Sounds like they may be stuck in no-man's-land, with two partials and no one fully functional site.
  • @AndyJ & MFO Members: If they mean their new beta version, it's having the same problem !
    Regards,
    Ted

Example: FCNTX
    http://financials.morningstar.com/fund/management.html?t=FCNTX&region=usa&culture=en_US
  • How "new" is this "beta version" anyway? Pretty sure that I've been using it for at least a year already.