Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

@MikeM: 220 Tons Of Snow ? Bills Prep For Game

Comments

• Hi ted. Yeah I hear they pay minimum wage to anyone who comes and wants to push a shovel. The storm they got was very localized off lake Erie. 60 miles down the thruway here in Rochester, we got nothing.

You are right. It will melt. They call for 50's by Saturday. Take care in the windy city.
  • TedTed
    edited November 2014
    @MikeM: Stay warm in once Kodak city.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Oh yes, Kodak. I remember them. Very few employees left in Rochester (or anyplace else for that matter)
  • I worked for the big yellow box for 39 years up until last fall. Still working at the Kodak industrial park, but with a different company. But yeah, the days of 80 thousand people here in Rochester working for Kodak are long gone.
  • Congratulations, it sounds like you survived many layoffs and landed a comparable job.

I have heard too many stories of ex-Kodakers (with fewer or no marketable skills) taking a massive pay cut (e.g. 40%) to remain employed in Rochester, perhaps in retail, self-employment or employment at a manufacturer who pays far less than Kodak did for a comparable job.
  • @MFO Members: I took many pictures with my 35MM using Kodachrome and Ektachrome.

Regards,
    Ted

Kodachrome: Paul Simon: