Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gross Says He’s Happy With His Performance And Plans To Continue: Video & Text Presentation

FYI: Janus Unconstrained Bond Fund has returned 1.6% under Gross.
Gross manages $2.5 billion, including $1.3 billion in fund.

Bill Gross says he’s satisfied with the performance of his Janus Global Unconstrained Bond Fund and plans to continue managing money for a long time.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-25/gross-says-he-s-happy-with-his-performance-and-plans-to-continue

Comments

• edited May 2016
    1.7% since he took over in October 2014 Obviously my account is but a miscroscopic fraction of Mr Ex Bond King. So who am I to talk. But seems like less than a pedestrian return in Bondville and you would have been better off in a 5 year CD.

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/Bill-Gross-credit-bonds-debt/2016/05/26/id/730869/
  • Well, as long as the biggest shareholder is happy with his performance ...
  • Bill Gross has around $700 million invested in JUCDX, so he is paying Janus around $7 million a year in expense fees. I wonder what he earns as compensation every year?
    Anything under $7 million and he would be better off (financially) if he retired.
  • MOZART325 said:

Bill Gross has around $700 million invested in JUCDX, so he is paying Janus around $7 million a year in expense fees

I have a suspicious mind. I don't think Bill has an ER for his money in the fund even though his portion makes up more 50% of the AUM.

Charge everyone else twice as much in order to cover his expenses. The fund looks like it collect $13 million in ER based on the math ($1.3B AUM * 1.01% ER).