Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Way to go VintageFreak... You are famous !!! Just think...we knew him when...

From Barrons "Investors Bear the Brunt of Merging Brokers"

"Consider the news this October that Scottrade will be acquired by TD Ameritrade Holding (ticker: AMTD). The deal set off a flurry of posts at Websites such as MutualFundObserver.com from worried investors about what this could mean for their fund portfolios. As one angst-ridden poster with the handle VintageFreak put it, “NO NO NO!!! Not TD Ameritrade.”

http://www.barrons.com/articles/investors-bear-the-brunt-of-merging-brokers-1484379375

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Top article in this Google SEARCH

I will fondly remember the humble VF before he became famous and quoted in a global publication. We will likely be an easy to forget footnote in the life of VF !

Kevin
  • I forgot that thread, but I must admit being fairly pleased going on 10 years with TD Ameritrade, starting back in my active futures / day trading days with ThinkorSwim.
  • edited January 2017
    "angst-ridden"

OMG, I hope that's not contagious.
  • giggle. Rather than TD Ameritrade, I've been eyeballing TD, the bank. Well, ALL of the six major Canadian banks. Highly regulated. Seems a safer bet than US banks, coming up. I just KNOW the coming deregulation means trouble for ordinary people. And those six Canadian majors hold 90% of deposits in that country. Dividends are reliable as the sun and the moon. But I'm sorry--- this is a mutual fund board, just like "it's a song about Alice," remember? ;)
  • "angst-ridden" OMG, I hope that's not contagious.

@hank- Not to worry- angst-ridden is sorta like fleas or bedbugs... not contagious unless you sleep there...
  • Is there a fan club?
  • @Anna, By invitation only.

Kevin
  • WTF ?!?!?! No....No....No....
    There is no privacy these days...