Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard Asks DOL To Delay Implementation Of Fiduciary Rule To Minimize Disruption

FYI: On March 17, Vanguard filed comments urging the Department of Labor to delay the implementation date of the Fiduciary Rule by at least 12 to 18 months.
Regards,
Ted
https://pressroom.vanguard.com/nonindexed/Proposed-Delay-Comment-Letter.pdf

Comments

• Disappointing, to say the least. There has been PLENTY of time to digest the rule and get ready for its implementation. A number of companies already implemented on January 1. There is NO non-political or fair reason for delay. It simply allows the annuity and other commission folks more time to bilk investors.
  • I thought I heard DT wants to remove Fiduciary Rule & place it in the garbage can along with Obama Care ?
    Derf
  • @Derf- Yes, that's my belief also. So is Vanguard simply trying to run out the clock?
  • Somewhere Bogle is grimacing.