Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Would You Trust Tom Selleck With Your Life Savings?

FYI: He’s the man with the answers. Alex Trebek is someone I trust.”

That’s often the first comment from older adults when they call the 800 number at the life insurance company Colonial Penn, galvanized by commercials starring Mr. Trebek, host of “Jeopardy” and the longtime spokesman for the Philadelphia-based firm.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/23/business/would-you-trust-tom-selleck-with-your-life-savings.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/your-money&action=click&contentCollection=your-money&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

Comments

• Short answer: No, I wouldn't.

Shorter answer: Hell no!

;)

• I think my wife would:)
  • Why??
  • Sven, not sure how old you are, but every girl was in love with "Magnum PI" in the early '80s. It's was a joke.
  • I remember him well and my wife thought he was cute. I hope my comment was mis-constured as answering to your comment. I simply don't see how an actor have anything to do with financial advising.
  • edited June 2017
    @Sven
    I simply don't see how an actor have anything to do with financial advising.
    And what do women in bikinis have to do with eating burgers at Carl's Jr. or drinking Budweiser?
  • @LewisBraham, I do get that, but that is marketing. Same thing I seldom if ever goes for "the best mutual funds to buy in XXX".