Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PTHDX - PIMCO EqS Pathfinder

In my periodic scan of SAIs, I have now discovered Anne Gudefin owns $0 in her fund. For a manager of Mutual Series fame, to not own a single penny in the only fund she manages. This is very disheartening. I've been trying to find funds I could truly buy and hold doing my research, and then this happens.

Either I did not read SAI properly when I bought the fund which was a while back or she owned shares at one point to sucker investors in and now has sold off all her shares. Needless to say PTHDX now becomes an automatic sell for me. Not sure there is much interest in this fund. I searched for PTHDX and the only link I got was November report in which M*'s Russ Kinnel touting this fund as one of best 3 funds opened recently. That should really have given me a clue.

This sucks most intensely. I will be observing PTHDX weekly looking for good point to sell, but regardless it'll be gone by years end. I now also need to look carefully at CVLOX which I also planned to sell, but here despite Gary Black of Janus infamy, managers at least own their fund.

Comments

• Yeah, that sucks when managers don't own their own fund. Zero dollars........ahh.

And that fund lost the co-manager, who came over with her from Mutual Series. That's a surprise. I expected it to be a career move for both of them.
  • edited July 2014
    I'm really kind of surprised at that (re: amount invested.) I have continued to stay away from adding more to the Pimco equity funds given the turbulence at Pimco and the manager changes that have taken place at the equity funds.

I've been selling Pimco Dividend and Income Builder and moving it to GAINX and elsewhere. Pimco EQS L/S is having a blah year after a great year last year, but as I've often noted, I didn't expect that fund to be consistent, given the nature of the fund.
  • PMHDX manager at least owns a lot of this fund. And being a L/S fund and STILL owning so much of it is a good thing.

I'm still not able to get over Gudefin manager not owning her fund. To me that's like saying Steven Romick not owning FPACX shares. Only thing I'm trying to figure out right now is how I missed it, since lack of manager ownership is like blasphemy for me. And if I'm right and Gudefin and PIMCO together shammed people into buying into her fund, that would sour me big time on PIMCO.