Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Stocks Up Another 1.3% Christmas Week

edited December 2013 in Fund Discussions
SPY now up 3.5% since the Chairman's Christmas present. Volume light, but we'll take it. SPY up nearly 32% YTD. How nice is that?

AGG dropped fractionally again. Still unable to shake-off anticipated rate increase and reverse its downward trend. Probably gonna take a while. I believe the 10 year TBill is kissing 3%.

Comments

• I'm fascinated by the entire concept of a "Santa Claus rally"....though I find the ritual of "window dressing" somewhat underhanded.

Of particular interest will be the action within the first week of '14. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we come out firing out of the blocks during the first 60 days...but then have a pullback, and one relatively strong.