Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ART Cashin: " Wait Till Monday"

TedTed
edited January 2014 in Fund Discussions

Comments

• edited January 2014
    "Art Cashin says we'll have to wait until Monday 'to see if things get real here'..."

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one Ted. We'll have to wait until Monday for a lot of things, come to think of it. OK - In fairness, Cashin is referencing the fact that many traders have been out of the markets for the holidays - but he says little more that isn't commonly known. I don't follow Cashin. Maybe he's got a great track record on predictions? To my untrained eye, he seems more bluster than substance - but likable enough as an on-air personality. Regards
  • Reply to @hank: Cashin has been doing what he's been doing for how many years (actually, more than 50)? His various little articles and whatnot on CNBC are mixed and brief/sometimes very "surface", but he's more informative when given longer time (such as the occasional interview on King World News.)

Cashin on 12/30: Expect a 3-5% correction next month.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101301396
  • Reply to @hank: He is the most respected man on the floor of the NYSE. He has forgotten more about investing than you and I put together. I never scrap that bottom of the barrel when it comes to Art Cashin.
    Regards,
    Ted

Art Honored By his high school. He came from a poor family that could not afford to send him to college.
  • edited January 2014
    Reply to @Ted: I hear you Ted. No disrespect to Cashin. Just couldn't see what the *#!! the article was supposed to convey. Guess he'll be proven correct if stocks soar or tank Monday or if bonds recover or fall through the floor. If that's what qualifies as accurate prediction, I might enter the business:-)
  • Monday would be the first day in the new year that all the traders are back from their Christmas break.

Art Cashin is the only person on CNBC that is worth listening to. He says it like it is and with no fluff.