Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited January 2014
    I was curious as to so many mentions of Fidelity funds in the article.
    Here is a "bio" check for the author.....link and the editor of Fidelity Investor Newsletter.

Edit: 9 a.m. : I am not noting that what he writes in this article is improper or wrong for investors, but as JohnChisum indicates; a disclaimer might be appropriate. Also, from the Forbes Magazine bio about the author: "Lowell was formerly employed by Fidelity, where he was the senior financial reporter for Investment Vision and the formative stages of Worth magazine." I am sure he is a fine and trustworthy individual who writes more about a financial vendor with whom he feels comfortable and/or more familiar.

Regards,
    Catch
  • Reply to @catch22: Very perceptive Catch, Jim Lowell is to Fidelity, as Dan Wiener is to Vanguard.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited January 2014
    Reply to @catch22: No disclaimer either. MW has a bunch of so called writers who push their own products. Michael Gayed is another one. Conflict of interest is not known over there.

PS. Notice there is no discussion on this article. Wonder why?