Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ICRIX

edited August 2011 in Fund Discussions
Despite the expense ratio...does anyone see anything wrong with this fund? Very strong and stable returns the past few years.

Comments

• For those interested, it's the Rising Dividend Growth fund (ICRIX), institutional share class, offered by Dividend Growth Advisors (DGA).
  • ICRIX returns have been good. Turnover has been low. The only negatives I see are: (1) expense ratio of 1.25% is too high, (2) despite the low turnover, tax efficiency has been low, so prefer to use it in a tax-sheltered account, and (3) inception of Mar 2007 means it doesn't have much of a track record yet. I'd say shop around for other growth&income funds before settling on this one.

Alternatives you should consider are: AVEDX Ave Maria Rising Dividend, YACKX Yacktman, FSDIX Fidelity Strategic Dividend & Income, VDIGX Vanguard Dividend Growth, and NGUAX Neuberger/Berman Guardian.

Good luck!
  • I'd prefer the funds that Randy mentions in this space. Mostly because of familiarity though.

Looks like ICRDX has about 10 percent cash and 20% foreign. A bunch of familiar names in their top 25 of large cap, stable dividend companies.
  • Maybe the expense ratio will come down as more money flows into. Apparently the investment team has had alot of success with their other accounts. We will see.