Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• bee January 2014
  • cman January 2014
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bob Doll: Here' Why Gold's Drop Isn't Done Yet: Yideo Presentation

Comments

• @bee, hope you are locking in profits on USAGX from your trade rules. It is likely to remain volatile. I got stopped out of GLL as Gold continues to go up. Will have to catch the next cycle if Gold starts to drop again but I don't think anyone knows whether it will or not, this article notwithstanding.
  • Reply to @cman:
    Thanks Cman...I've exchanged some profits from USAGX into USSBX (cash position) as well as USNQX (Nasdaq 100 index) on days when these two funds oppose one another.

For example, today looks to be a good day for USAGX/GDX = (+2.27%) while USNQX/QQQ is off a bit (-.63). If this holds through the end of the day it would be a good day to exchange some USAGX into USNQX. I use etfs to monitor my funds intraday.

10% of my orginal position as been repositioned (taken as profits). Still monitoring "higher lows" verses "lower lows" as a way of reading the trend. Still holding the same dollar amount in this position.