Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• A good multisector bond fund is worth it's weight in bonds. A manager that can navigate the all kinds of risk and identify unloved and mispriced securities. Dan Fuss and so many more...
    MFO comments:
    mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/index.php?p=/discussion/27/name-your-favorite-multi-sector-bond-fund-why/p1

M* list:
    news.morningstar.com/fund-category-returns/multisector-bond/$foca$mu.aspx

Fund Mojo List:
    fundmojo.com/mutualfund/bestmanager.php?category=Multisector+Bond

• Another noteworthy multi-sector fund to consider:

Eaton Vance Bond, EVBAX. Managed by former co-manager of Dan Fuss, Kathleen Gaffney on a small asset basis compare to that of Loomis Sayles Bond. Front load is waived at Fidelity brokerage. In its short record, it outpaced LSBRX in 2013 in total return, 7.8% vs 5.5%.

The minimum $ investment of Thornburg's institutional share's of funds have increased to $2.5M at Fidelity. The A share carries a front-load.
  • I wonder how many billions will escape PIMCO this year? It doesn't look as though the public is buying the new normal that Gross and El-Erian are peddling.

Dan Ivascyn hopefully is re-negotiating his contract.
  • edited January 2014
    Reply to @bee:

Hi bee,

Thanks for posting the Fund Mojo List: I found that I have four managers of bond funds that I own that appear on this list ... Dan Fuss (NEFZX), Christopher Towle (LBNDX) along with George Strickland and Jason Brady (TSIAX). These three funds make up one half of my fixed income sleeve. The other three funds in the sleeve which are considered short duartion type funds are THIFX, ITAAX and LALDX.

With this, I am feeling pretty good at the moment.

Old_Skeet