Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Grandeur Peak?

edited January 2014 in Fund Discussions
Have they mentioned what their future funds are going to be focused on? They now have two global funds, one international, and one emerging markets. I figure they will have a US based fund, but am curious what the other funds will be.

Comments

• They are:

US Opportunities - the domestic small cap segment of Global Reach
    Global Value - the "fallen angels" stocks
    Global Microcap - the portfolio's smallest

I spoke with Grandeur Peak's president yesterday. He allows that they might launch the next fund sometime this year but won't commit to one or the other. It'll all depend on where the most attractive opportunities are.

For what it's worth,

David
  • David, I know Global Reach is a combination of their 3 other funds (EM, Global, International). From any of your conversations with Grandeur Peak do you happen to know if Global Reach weights equally between EM, and the stocks they hold in global/international, or would they tilt toward US, EM or international developed if they believed one area has better opportunities. Thanks!
  • edited January 2014
    Here's the text from our profile:
    The plan is for Global Reach to function as a sort of master portfolio, holding all of the stocks that the firm finds, at any given point, to be compelling. They estimate that that will be somewhere between 300 and 500 names. Those stocks will be selected based on the same criteria that drove portfolio construction at GPGOX and GPIOX and at the Wasatch funds before them.
    And so, GR is driven entirely by stock-by-stock selection. While I didn't explicitly ask Eric the question about quasi-allocations to EM or whatever, he did review the description above before we published it and was comfortable with its accuracy.

For what that's worth,

David