Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Dear MFO Members: I'm not recommending you dump your Pimco Bond Funds, however Pimco is not the only bond fund game in town. Other firms such as Loomis Sayles(Fuss), Eaton Vance (Gaffney), DoubleLine (Gundlach), Templeton (Hasenstab), Vanguard (Volpert), and Fidelity's (Glaney) have excellent fixed-income managers.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • The only Pimco fund I would sell at this point (although I'm sure most have already) is Pimco Global Multi-Asset. It was discussed that El-Erian was going to take a hands-on role in that fund, but now that clearly isn't going to happen, so you have a fund that was already mediocre that now doesn't have much potential for change going forward.
  • I'm not sure Mr. El-Erian had any time to manage any funds. That may have been the problem to begin with. El-Erian was too busy with interviews and talk shows.
  • Boy, PONDX sure has bounced back and is still a hold in my book (said the long-past seller). Has done much better than DODIX and FSICX and all similar the last 13 difficult months, plus the indexes I follow.