Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Low- Minimum Funds Well-Suited As myRa Alternatives

Comments

• On the "$500 or less," proceed with caution. The list is significantly out of date and prone to load funds. A shorter and modestly more-current list of no-load fund families with reduced minimums is at our (sadly dormant) sister site, Mutual Fund Contacts. (It's supposed to be aimed at new investors, but I've been so continually swamped ...)

David
  • Reply to @David_Snowball: That the reason I was hesitant to link the Lipper list from Dina's website. Might I suggest MFO develop it's own list.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • I am not sure the financial industry is enthused about an instrument that generates no fees for the industry.
  • Short-sighted. Check out "The Old Dope Pedlar" on the benefits of free samples. At some point they are forced to convert to a mutual fund, as I read it.