Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Mark February 2014
  • ron February 2014
  • Ted February 2014
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

TFS Market Neutral Fund reopening to new investors

edited February 2014 in Fund Discussions
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1283381/000111183014000115/tfs_497e-0213.htm

497 1 tfs_497e-0213.htm TFS CAPITAL INVESTMENT TRUST - 497E

TFS CAPITAL INVESTMENT TRUST

Supplement dated February 12, 2014
To the Summary Prospectus, Prospectus and Statement of Additional Information of
TFS Market Neutral Fund all dated March 1, 2013,
as supplemented

This Supplement updates certain information contained in the Summary Prospectus, Prospectus and Statement of Additional Information (“SAI”) of TFS Market Neutral Fund, a series of TFS Capital Investment Trust (the “Trust”), dated March 1, 2013, as supplemented September 19, 2013. You should retain this Supplement for future reference. Copies of the Summary Prospectus, Prospectus, and SAI, as supplemented, may be obtained free of charge by calling us at 1.888.534.2001 or by visiting www.TFSCapital.com.

--------------------------------------------------------

Termination of Subscription Policy for TFS Market Neutral Fund (the “Fund”)
Effective March 1, 2014

The Board of Trustees of the Trust has approved the termination of the Fund’s Subscription Policy, described on pages 29-30 of the Prospectus, and the reopening of the Fund to all investors, subject to the various conditions set forth in the March 1, 2013 Summary Prospectus and Prospectus, effective March 1, 2014. Upon the effective date of the reopening, all references to the Subscription Policy and language limiting the availability of the Fund’s shares pursuant to the Subscription Policy, in the Summary Prospectus, Prospectus and SAI are hereby deleted in their entirety.

Comments

• TedTed
    edited February 2014
    Dear MFO Members: If 'Market Neutral' means a 0.77% per year return over the last three years, then open the door and let me in NOT !

Paul McCartney: "Open The Door And Let Em In"
  • Reply to @Ted: I don't know Ted, 0.77% is pretty darn close to neutral. Waddaya want? At least it's not negative. Another group of funds I have no use for. Seems to me if you want to go neutral only put half of your investing money in the market.
  • Reply to @Mark: If you throw in the obsene 2.41% expense ratio you've lost money over the three years ! Next time you want to buy a bridge, let me know I've got one for sale.
    Regards,
    Ted
    TFSMX vs VFINX
    http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/mutual-fund/compare?Tickers=TFSMX+vfinx&Compare=Returns
  • Is TFS for sale, more interesting.