Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Oh No, Mr. Bill !!! Pimco Total Return

edited August 2011 in Fund Discussions
Some of the old ones here will understand the title line from the old days of Saturday Night Live.

Couldn't agree more, that Mr. Bill did make a mistaken call.

http://blogs.barrons.com/focusonfunds/2011/08/30/gross-dumping-treasuries-a-mistake-time-to-dump-pimco-total-return/?mod=google_news_blog

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Uh-oh, Barron's beats the drum for DoubleLine some more - at this rate, Dltnx and Dlfnx will be in bloat territory too pretty soon.
  • edited August 2011
    The issue that I continue to have is that at some point if Bill Gross sees a very large shift in the bond market, he can't make the switch overnight given the size of assets under management; he's going to have to be wrong for a period while making the shift. This may not be that period, but I do believe that that will have to occur at some point and additionally, I don't believe Gross (in a "do as I say, not as I do" manner)
  • Yep, Bill made a "mistake." Wanta buy a bridge anyone?
  • Another article with a video.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/30/markets/bondcenter/bonds_pimco_bill_gross/

"Do I wish I had more Treasuries? Yeah, that's pretty obvious," he said to the London-based newspaper. "I get that it was my/our mistake in thinking that the U.S. economy can chug along at 2% real growth rates. It doesn't look like it can."
  • edited August 2011
    (Trying to withhold my natural incredulity on this)
    Hope knee feelin better Investor.

• Reply to @hank: Knee is feeling better. No pain during regular walking. Started Physical Therapy to strengthen it. Thanks for asking.