Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Peawx Holdings

edited August 2011 in Fund Discussions
I posted recently about my search for holdings information for Pimco's new EM Multi-Asset fund, I-class Peawx, thinking it would be of interest to those who may be interested in an EM allocation fund.

Just found the annual report for it on the Pim site, with holdings as of ~ 3 months in from inception. It is indeed primarily a fund o' funds. There are no individual stock or bond issues listed, period - of course it's early and assets are small and maybe the full strategy hasn't bloomed yet. Holdings:

PIMCO EqS Emerging Markets Fund 36.0%
Vanguard MSCI Emerging Markets ETF 17.8%
PIMCO EM Local Bond Fund 13.5%
PIMCO EM Corporate Bond Fund 9.2%
PIMCO EM Currency Fund 6.9%
PIMCO EM Bond Fund 5.1%

Best, AJ

P.S. At this point, I'll be sticking with the etf-oef equivalent I already have in my portfolio.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Meh. I'm fine with what I have and am not complaining, but I am not adding any more. I thought it was likely going to be a fund-of-funds. I do like that PEMIX is included, as that fund is rather tough to get otherwise. Stock selection on the EM stock fund also is rather interesting. There's also puts on the EEM etf (at 35 and 40), but other than that...meh.
  • edited August 2011
    Ok thanks. Not bad of an option if someone wanted hands-free EM exposure and wanting to let the managers decide the mix between EM equities, Local bonds, USD-denominated bond, Government and Corporate allocations. Not a must have fund as you can do your own balance but nevertheless a good option for some people.

Mind you - we have seen this before....if EM equities drop say 30%, what do a lot of investors do? Can investors handle a disciplined buy low-sell high strategy with Emerging Market investments? Some things to think about as investors evaluate how to invest.

And here's the allocation of the Pimco EqS EM Equities Fund as of 7/31...

Top Countries:

China 16.55
    Russia 10.82
    South Korea 10.15
    Brazil 8.01
    Hong Kong 6.22
    South Africa 5.59
    India 5.07

Top Holdings:

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO 3.86
    SBERBANK 3.07
    ETS PHYSICAL PALLADIUM SHARES 2.59
    W.I.S.E. CSI 300 CHINA TRACKER 2.31
    BANCO DO BRASIL S/A 2.18
    MTN GROUP LTD 2.12
    AIA GROUP LTD 2.10
    AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA LTD 2.09
    HON HAI PRECISION INDUSTRY 1.88
    BOSHIWA INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS 1.87

• Reply to @Kenster1_GlobalValue: ".if EM equities drop say 30%, what do a lot of investors do?"

This fund is at least somewhat protected by the put options on the index.