Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Discussion board will be offline Friday evening and into the wee hours Saturday

Dear friends,

MFO has two transitions underway. The first is to a new server. We'e moving from shared space on a Total Choice Hosting server to a virtual private server at Green Geeks. We believe that will give us better reliability since our fate won't be tied to the fate of dozens of other sites on that server, and also better technical support. It will also substantially reduce MFO's environmental impact. The second is to a new version of the Vanilla forums software. We've had several of these upgrades in the past three years. The new versions of the software are never fully compatible with the older ones, so the transition takes planning and care.

Fortunately, we've got Accipiter and Chip on our side, so I'm in good spirits.

The discussion board will be unavailable beginning Friday evening, while we transition to our new server. You should expect it to be available again some time on Saturday. You will likely have to log in again. There will be some changes in appearance, since the discussion software is a newer version. We'll post announcements with information about these changes, which you'll see once we've completed the transition. If you have any trouble accessing the new discussion forum, please email Chip at [email protected].

Keeping a good thought,

David

Comments

• Thanks to David and Chip and Accipiter for all their efforts. Look forward to the changes.
  • David: I have my coffee maker set on auto at 5:00 AM CST, and my wife fixing bacon & eggs around 5:30 AM CST. After breakfast I'm ready to help fund investors with the latest mutual fund news and views found anywhere on the web. I hope the MFO Discussion Board will be available between 5:00-6:00 AM CST. Just kidding !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Well, Ted.

Here we are at the new server. Still waiting.

We moved quickly just for you. Hope the coffee's fresh and the bacon's delicious.

Love,
    The Tech Team
  • Thank you very much !
    Ted
  • Good Morning MFO!