Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• I would call that a Wonder Bread article. No substance and no value.
  • John Waggoner has told me on several occasions that readers with extremely low IQ's compare his articles to Wonder Bread.
  • I'm sure he did.
  • edited February 2014
    From the article:

"• Gold-mining stock funds, up 25.6%

• Precious metals funds, up 9%

• Real estate funds, up 7.1%

• Commodities funds, up 4.1%"

>>> Looks like a pure underdog money rotation to me.

One may suppose it depends somewhat on which money house has the best current algo's for finding the weak sectors to place monies from the sells in the prior stronger sectors. Real estate funds were dinged by the pending fear of interest rate spikes.

I don't think any of this has anything, at this time; to do with pending inflationary pressures. Although not pulling the %'s as above, even the lonely TIP related funds are up about 4.2% YTD, for the longer durations ( LTPZ) after a 9-10% negative return in 2013 with broadbased related funds and a -19% for LTPZ.

Too much delevering still in place, IMO.

Take care,
    Catch
  • Agree with @catch22.

It is more like deflationary fears being overcome that had depressed commodities and their subsequent mean reversion as long as those fears don't re-appear. It is a far cry from that to inflationary fears.