Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Don't Make Eye Contact Or Speak To Him On The Trading Floor

Comments

• I'm glad Mr El-Erian didn't kiss the ring. He will be much better off.
  • "Mr. Gross doesn't like it when employees speak to him on the trading floor or make eye contact, and at times reprimands people for such reasons..."

Dear Mr. Bill, You're simply too weird to work for.
  • edited February 2014
    Just read full article on Kindle.

Some take-aways: Anytime one of us starts feeling "smart" about money and investing, just remember that El Erian was being paid $100 Mil a year for his smarts. I trust PIMCO felt he was worth it. Now, that's smarts - anyway you cut it. Also, makes you wonder about all the free friendly fuzzy advice about the near-term direction of bonds Mr. G likes to hand out on CNBC. And I sure hope David doesn't read about the "communications demerits" Gross reportedly issues to subordinates. (I'd say a lot of us would be in trouble here:-)

Hatchet job for sure. No way to verify article's accuracy. And, I don't think it should dissuade anyone from investing with Gross or PIMCO. After all, you're not looking for a best friend or favorite uncle - not even a school teach for your kids. No - you're looking for a proven and competent money manager. If he meets those criteria in your mind, stick with him.
  • Ever since Bill Gross wrote against the folly of capital markets and the misallocation of capital to serve its own end than any social good which I thought at the time was a surprising piece of indictment from an insider, I have noticed several attempts to discredit him. This just seems like a take down piece and latest in those attempts.