Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• I'm assuming this lawsuit will be paid for out of fund expenses if Uncle Sam prevails?
  • Another case of risk / reward. I like my chances as a Fairholme shareholder verses othe class action suits that purposely get lawyers rich while shareholders receive crumbs.
  • So the government claims Fannie may not be profitable, and needs to stay in conservatorship.

BB says otherwise, and the court agrees to allow for discovery.

As an FYI...this comes right after FNMA reported $84 billion in profits last year...and has fully repaid the government.
  • I like his shareholders chances for some kind of compensation verses other lawyer suits (class action).
  • Will probably wish I'd let more ride with Bruce as this plays out. If the gov't and taxpayers are now made whole plus, it's harder to see why investors who accepted risk aren't rewarded.