Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• hank February 2014
  • Ted February 2014
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Ha! I don't even know who Felix Salmon is. Maybe some character in the old "Odd Couple" sit-com?
    Heck, Gross has been the darling of the financial media for decades. I suppose one of the dangers of Star Manager Syndrome (SMS) with which we are all afflicted to various degrees is that some of these folks might conceivably turn out to be human - and might actually be exposed to the masses as such ... OMG!

And if you think Gross sounds bad, ... should have seen some of the ones I worked under.:-)
  • Felix Salmon--see you learn something new every day.
    Regards,
    Ted
    https://www.google.com/#q=felix+salmon
  • edited February 2014
    Reply to @Ted:

Thanks Ted for the Salmon link. I'm not opposed to setting up a straw-man to help advance an argument. Do it quite often myself. In this case, would have been helpful to have both your original article and the info on Mr. Salmon (who came under fire) in the same post for viewers to compare. Not a criticism ... as you generally do very fine work! Regards