Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What to expect from Europe in 2014?

T. Rowe Price Report:
"2014 will likely be a mixed year for the eurozone. Numerous chronic conditions remain that will weigh on economies' growth prospects and prevent a rebound in sovereign creditworthiness. There is also potential for political issues to destabilize some countries."

What to Expect From Europe in 2014

Comments

• If you check the press for 2012 analysts' comments about Europe, you'll see a lot of negative opinions. I almost sold my Mutual Series Europe Fund. Fortunately, I didn't. That fund had a great 2013. Trying to predict how a market is going to perform is difficult.

I bought some T Rowe Price Europe a few months ago. So far, so good.
  • Agreed, 4+ % YTD.
  • Situation has stabilized and improving as small caps are outperforming the larger caps this year. 2014 could be another decent year.
  • European indices are looking positive today. The threat of a war is diminishing as the Ukraine situation takes on a diplomatic course to a solution.