Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David Snowball's Review of ARTGX

David, your glowing review of ARTGX was posted on Artisan's website....

http://www.artisanfunds.com/data/newspage/reprint.MutualFundObserver1105_vGX.pdf

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So far this fund has done quite well in the Global/World equities category over the past few years but yet still only has a mere $68M in assets. Is it possible this fund may not survive?

• Reply to @Maurice: They did!
  • Reply to @Kenster1_GlobalValue: No threat of that, so far as I can tell. Artisan is an asset gathering machine, so they're not pressed for cash. They've only liquidated one fund, Artisan Disciplined Mid Cap, which was run very briefly by two young star managers (DuMonthier was the name of one, can't recall the other - it was a long time ago). Here they've got an established team, both members of which are Partners in the Artisan Partners LLP sense, and a great record so I think it will remain open. Just a guess.
  • Reply to @Kenster1_GlobalValue: I expected it to start piling up the assets when Artkx closed, and it has picked up a bit if I recall past AUM right, but not nearly as much as I thought. Maybe the E.R. scares off potential investors? It would be more attractive with a little less pricey E.R. But then, like David says here, Artisan hasn't ever really been much of a "scooping-up-assets R-US" outfit.
  • According to M*, ARTKX has about 29% exposure to US based on the source of revenues of stocks in its portfolio.

http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=393548

It would be really nice if M* published an alternate measre of country exposure based on revenues.