Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Hello,

This is a fund that I have owned for better than four years. As I had CDs that matured, in a low interest rate environment, this is one of the vehicles that I moved four positions of my twenty position CD ladder into. Over the past four plus years it has provide the target six percent distribution plus capital apperception of about two percent per year for a total annual return of a little better than eight percent. It is probably not for everyone but it has meat my expectations.

To meet its distribution target it uses four strategies. They are dividends form its stock positions, coupons form its bond positions, proceeds form its call writing strategy, and harvestings of capital gains from the selling of securities.

Thus far, I have been a happy camper with this investment vehicle.

I wish all “Good Investing.”

Old Skeet