Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mutual Fund (Full Service) Brokerage review

beebee
edited March 2014 in Fund Discussions
I was helping my daughter select a brokerage account for a self direct IRA she will be transferring into (rollover). Her account is with TIAA-CREF and I have had a real hard time acquiring an actual list of mutual funds avalable through their brokerage services.

I came across this site and thought it was worth sharing here as many readers have asked about bokerage services. This seems like a nice site to compare brokerage services:

The left side of the screen lets you select many brokerage houses...I just happened to select USAA.

brokerage-review.com/stock-broker-reviews/usaa-brokerage-review.aspx

Comments

• Thanks, bee.

The article notes being a 2014 review. A quick note about what is listed for Fidelity and perhaps for other vendors, too; that may be incorrect.

---Article notes that non-Fidelity funds have a $75 trading fee. The fee is $49.95. Also noted is a short term redemption fee of $75 for funds held less than 180 days.
    Not so, and may be as short as 60 days or none. Exceptions exist for short term holding periods established by non-Fidelity funds and some Fido funds........
    Might be other stuff, no time remains for further discovery.
  • Thanks Bee. Nice site. I plan to roll over a 401k to an IRA in the next few months and have been leaning towards Schwab.