Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Have you read up on the basis of E-Wave and the details of it?
  • edited March 2014
    No. I own Glencore (aka GlencoreXstrata) and don't want anything else to do with mining after that. I love Glencore in terms of the assets, but it's been a very disappointing investment (great in theory, disappointing in practice.) I'm not selling it, but I am not looking to invest in copper or additional miners (I guess Freeport/FCX is probably the first thing that comes to mind.)

I also think that the copper as loan collateral story in China is highly concerning and the negative situation with copper could very well not be over.

If anything, the one thing that is actually kinda interesting if you want to "flip" the idea is forgetting about investing in copper and start to think about what benefits from cheaper copper and invest in that instead. I'm not going to do that, but that's the first thought I have.