Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Short interview with Janet Yellen:

beebee
edited March 2014 in Off-Topic
Role of the Fed:

I get the impression that she (the Fed) would like to promote an export driven U.S. economy again...

janet-yellen

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Trailer for the movie that the interview footage was apparently done for, which contains the incredibly rare footage of actual Fed members admitting that they did things wrong.

• beebee
    edited March 2014
    John Hussman Chimes in on the Fed, as ususal, with this most recent letter. I have a hard time disagreeing with his points, but his investment guidance doesn't seem to have navigate all of this very well. Investing primarily has to do with a companies balance sheet, not countries.
    john-hussman-restoring-the-virtuous-cycle-of-economic-growth
  • edited March 2014
    bee said:

John Hussman Chimes in on the Fed, as ususal, with this most recent letter. I have a hard time disagreing with his points, but his investment guidance doesn't seem to have navigate all of this very well.

john-hussman-restoring-the-virtuous-cycle-of-economic-growth

I agree with a lot of Hussman has to say in theory, but I think the one issue becomes he didn't believe the Fed's tools had the ability to effect asset prices to the level they did/have. I don't think a lot of Hussman's data is wrong, but you have someone who doesn't believe in an institution's desire to try and cause inflation by any means necessary. The money's going to wind up somewhere - inflating asset prices, inflating commodities, going here then there.