Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Slicing Europe: Anyone considered EMU index?

I see from a search that @kaspa is the only one that has mentioned owning EZU, the etf that tracks this index as momentum trade.

Any one considered this index rather than the broader Europe funds as part of their core or satellite allocation?

Looks like an interesting and safer way to get exposure to recovering PIIGS than buying just the latter and more volatile/upside than diversified Europe or worse EAFE that don't give much exposure to PIIGS.

Comments

• @cman No ! I have all the European exposure I want with the U.S. funds that invest across the pond.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • cman said:

I see from a search that @kaspa is the only one that has mentioned owning EZU, the etf that tracks this index as momentum trade.

Any one considered this index rather than the broader Europe funds as part of their core or satellite allocation?

Looks like an interesting and safer way to get exposure to recovering PIIGS than buying just the latter and more volatile/upside than diversified Europe or worse EAFE that don't give much exposure to PIIGS.

I also want to clarify that EZU is not a long term holding for me. For about 40% of my portfolio (tax-sheltered), I follow a momentum-based rotation strategy using ETFs. I no longer own EZU. The ones I currently own are XLV, QQQ, IWO and DFE. The latter is a smaller position and I am closely watching it. GDX is tempting, but it is too narrow and volatile.