Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

NOBL

Howdy folks,

Apparently, this is an ETF that invests in the 'S&P 500 Aristocrats. These consist of companies that have not only paid but increased their dividends over the past 25 years.

Any thoughts? There are other vehicles than NOBL. I would think this might be a nice core type holding for an income portfolio.

peace,

rono

Comments

• Sounds like a paired down VIG with less liquidity and a higher ER.

I wonder if S&P backtests the Dividend Aristocrats vs. the Dividend Champions?
  • I personally don't need such a fund having assembled the stocks I own somewhat from this list. However, and more to the point, I've generally always sorted with an initial 3% or better dividend criteria so most of those included in this fund wouldn't make the cut. I actually prefer at least 4% but I'll look for value down to 3%.

I don't believe this fund will ever yield much beyond 2% but I'll keep it on my watch list should the market take a tumble. At this point in time it's likely fully valued.
  • Hi Mark/mrdarcey,

Thanks. It looked bloody huge on m*. feh. I can cherry pick better as you suggest. Just take a look at your local utes.

peace,

rono
  • beebee
    edited March 2014
    Hi rono,

Consumer Staples seem to hold a number of autonomies. US and Golbal Consumer Staples etfs are reviewed in this article:

top-10-u-s-and-global-consumer-staples-etfs