Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

When I see this; well, something to ponder, eh? LIP

edited September 2011 in Off-Topic
Morn'in Coffee.....8:00 AM

This graphic will change some, depending upon your viewing period, today, Sept 19.
At the time of this note; the top four positive sectors are:

$US
30 year treasury bond
10 year treasury note
Gold

At least related to the traders and machines; and having an effect on one's portfolio;
the above strength areas indicates the ongoing tense nature of the investment market
world.

I would prefer to be out of many bond funds, except perhaps high yield; and find the
2 treasury issues to be near the bottom of the list, which could indicate a healing of the
current fiscal problems of the developed countries.
Another scenario could also be that the big bond kids are much
dissatisfied with attempts to get the fiscal house of the U.S. in order and this would push
yields up, too. But this action would arise from a different set of circumstances.

http://finviz.com/futures.ashx

Are we having fun yet?

Regards,
Catch

Comments

• hi catch
    we are still dirty water [don't know how deep it is so it's difficult to jump in because you may drown]...
    it maybe another 1-2 yrs before we get better from the crisis, hell, we may even have another crash

interesting read this morning about the current bond market
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/moodys-state_n_969388.html

• Try this site instead of finviz.

It is real time:

http://www.forexpros.com/indices/indices-futures

• Howdy xorion,

Nice to "see" you here.

Thank you for the link.

The finviz link I placed does update, but may be delayed 15 minutes. I have not checked. A F5 page
    refresh always provides new numbers, and I recall the page will auto update every minute or so.
    The finviz link also gives me an overview of the various sectors, which is what I use for comparing
    movements in the sectors. Quick dirty looks.

Are you still studying/attenting school?

Take care,

Catch
  • Hi catch,

I like finviz a lot. I agree it gives a nice overall status picture of everything and the news summaries are also useful. Sometimes, though, I want real time.

I have visited the MFO site a number of times but usually don't find much that interests me. I am essentially a trader and not an investor. The old site had a lot of back and forth discussions about timing, market trends and market direction. MFO seems not to be interested in these topics. Frankly I find mutual fund discussions pretty boring.

I finished my schoolwork in May but am considering doing some more, but not in near future.

I am having a respectable year trading.

Good Luck and Kind Regards,

xorion