Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Funds Boat, look ahead, silly me, eh?

edited September 2011 in Fund Discussions
A short note and then back to other work.

Upon attempting to define what the Fed meeting announcement at 2:15 may involve; we may be
placing some of our cash monies into more investment grade/AAA bond holdings.

'Course, part of this thinking is to whether the 10 yr T may move to a 1.5% yield and the 30 year T
move to a 2.25% yield. And no, I have not been..........only had 2 cups of coffee earlier this morning and
straight water thereafter.

Silly us, eh? Ah, investing; we only really know the true outcome of our thinking after the decision fact
and placing the monies.

Regards,

Catch

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Bank of America downgraded today by Moody's. Uh, I thought they were a-ok? What a surprise, a financial company that acts like it's a-ok and doesn't need to raise money until it is (soon after) desperate to raise money by begging Buffett and selling prime assets.

This could very likely be entirely wrong, but I tend to wonder if the Republicans drafting a letter to tell Bernanke not to do QE3 is because he absolutely is going to do QE3 and they want to get out ahead of that with their response to what will likely be unpopular.

Edited to add: Moodys now downgrades Wells Fargo, according to CNBC (Citi reportedly also likely to be considered for a downgrade). Anyone else still think these financials are values?

Edited to add 2: Citi downgraded.
  • Reply to @scott:
    This could very likely be entirely wrong, but I tend to wonder if the Republicans drafting a letter to tell Bernanke not to do QE3 is because he absolutely is going to do QE3 and they want to get out ahead of that with their response to what will likely be unpopular.
    I am amazed with the political meddling by GOP leaders with an independent body which cannot respond to these attacks from politicians. This is unprecedented and something that happens in 3rd world countries.
  • Reply to @Investor: As things continue to get worse, you're going to see an increasing amount of it from both sides, desperate to continue their own agendas. More reactionary movements by this country and others.