Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What a difference a week makes....... Time for new ideas such as energy

About 3 weeks ago I was delighted to see my Biotech and health funds balances. What a change in that short time. FBIOX dropped 16% in just the past few weeks.
I have lightened up on some of the above funds and added Energy and Natural Gas funds such as FSNGX, GASFX and FCG.
The writing is on the wall. From a geopolitical aspect the U.S. has to become more energy independent and able to export to Europe. Maybe someday Keystone will be approved.......I hope.
Would appreciate other fund ideas with regard to energy.

prinx

Comments

• edited June 2014
    The writing's been "on the wall" forever --- at least since the gas lines of the 70s which I had the pleasure of sitting through.

Regards
  • edited April 2014
    I like the pipelines, railroads and while I think energy is best played by a broader fund, I like the energy majors - Conocophillips, Chevron, etc - are mostly reasonable and provide nice dividends.

The Canadian plays (look at CNQ recently, which I own) are I think going to do VERY well if Keystone is approved. Those can be played via ENY.

I'll also note that ENY is at a 52 wk high.