Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Annualized Return & The Average Investor

Comments

• I strongly recommend taking a look at the JPM Guide to Markets linked in that article. A very rich source of data. I wish there was a way to download it to keep. At least I cannot find any way.

As to the article itself, just GIGO based on the same flawed measurement of "average" investor returns as M* returns but this one from Dalbar. I have pointed out the serious flaw in this kind of measurement based on aggregate mutual fund flows in an earlier thread. Best ignored for any practical purposes.
  • beebee
    edited April 2014
    I was able to access by creating a profile. I was sent a temporary username and password. The presentation (Guide to the Markets) is to be updated quarterly. Thanks for the fnd.

It seems possible to download one page at a time and then bookmark that page to your browser or then copy the hyperlink within a document file like word or excel.

Here's one of the slides:
    https://jpmorganfunds.com/blobcontent/856/853/1159397329169_2Q14-GTM-V2-6.png
  • @cman: You can download Market Guide to a pdf file.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Brilliant, thanks Ted!!
  • Thanks, found the link on the left column to download