Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Looking for World Allocation Fund

Candidates so far are: SGENX, BAICX, JNBAX

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• TIBIX would be a good choice.
  • MikeM said:

TIBIX would be a good choice.

Yes thanks, but it appears I can't purchase through Schwab.

• There's the Blackrock Global Allocation fund, various share classes. Gold medalist by Morningstar.
  • TedTed
    edited April 2014
    @JedClampett: I would go with SGENX, ranked #5 among world allocation funds by U.S. News & World Report.
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://money.usnews.com/funds/mutual-funds/world-allocation/first-eagle-global-fund/sgenx

And of course Jed you know what's next. !

Ballad Of Jed Clampett: Flat & Scruggs:
  • edited April 2014
    Hello Jed,

You might wish to take a look at FEBAX. I have linked it's M* report for your easy reference. It is a fund I have under review for number 52 in my portfolio and I favor it over SGENX due to its wider asset base and higher yield. I don't think you'll go wrong with the three that you have selected either. And, there is CAIBX by American Funds that might be a good choice too. And, check and see if TIBAX is available at Schwab.

http://quotes.morningstar.com/fund/f?t=febax&region=USA

Old_Skeet
  • Hi Jed,

I would also take a look at HCOYX, MQIFX and MTOIX. Among ETFs, GAL looks promising but it is very young and has a low average daily trading volume.

Kevin
  • Janus has a couple of world allocation funds that use a balance of equities and bonds:
    JSPCX Conservative World Allocation
    JMOIX Moderate World Allocation