Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Invest With & Edge ... Leadership Strategy ... April 21, 2014

edited April 2014 in Fund Discussions
I have not posted this in a while and thought it might be beneficial to link it's most current update.

Seems, Large Cap Value and Mid Cap Value are currently rated a buy while Mid Cap Blend, Large Cap Blend and the US Total Stock Market are rated a hold.

http://investwithanedge.com/leadership-strategy

I wish all ... "Good Investing."

Old_Skeet

Comments

• From you experience with that site-does it appear very negative - dare I say bearish? Only 2 buys and 3 holds out of 16
    It has a sell on money markets!
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Dex,

I copied and pasted below how the straegy works.

"The Market Leadership Strategy always has two holdings with nominal weighting of 50% each. Based on the rankings, one of the positions can be a money market fund. This strategy will buy the top two (2) ranked funds and hold them as long as they are ranked as a top-5 fund. If a holding drops below #5, the strategy will sell it and purchase the highest ranked style not already owned."

In addition, it is best that the strategy only make up a small part of your overall portfolio.

The way I use the strategy is to make sure I have an ample weighting in the favored assets within my portfolio. If I feel I am light in the favored assets then I'll reconfigure my holdings to better reflect more of the favored holdings.

Hope this helps.

Old_Skeet