Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Income portfolio thoughts...LIP

edited September 2011 in Off-Topic
Morn'in Coffee,

A decent write regarding an income portfolio.

https://guidance.fidelity.com/viewpoints/building-portfolio-for-income?ccsource=email_monthly

Take care of you and yours,

Catch

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi Maurice,

I agree about the sales thingy; and Fidelity was our first fund/broker company back in the late '70's. I offered this link, as with any, for anyone interested to gather more or new thoughts about their portfolio construction relative to the various income sectors and not necessarily using Fido funds.

Hey, take care over there; in your part of the U.S., okay?

Catch
  • edited September 2011
    why is a JPMorgan bond russian roulette again? i bet some emerging market bond funds have russian ruble in them, and korean won and chinese currency -- as undeliverable forwards, for example. why the doomsday comments? also, how is that relates to the discussion at hand?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reply to @johnN: Can you articulate John how that article relates to the thread?
  • Howdy fundalarm,

Hope you and yours are doing well in the city.

I did recall Russian holdings with the FNMIX fund we use. I have checked a little bit; but I can not identify the true nature of this issue; although it appears to be a government/federal type issue. I will also assume that many emerging markets funds hold many Russian issues.

RUSSIAN FD STP CPN 3/31/30REGS

This unit issue is the second largest holding, at 8.25% of total holdings for this fund.

Добрый вечер! to you and yours,

Catch

• PREMX T Rowe Price EM Bond holds Russian sovereign bonds at 7.5%, the biggest single slice of the portfolio at 8.87%...That is as of June 30, 2011. Also, the former Soviet-occupied Lithuania, yielding 7.375% and that listing comprises 0.76% of the portfolio, and is a large enough chunk to be included among the top 25 items listed by M* in the fund's portfolio. That fund statistically lags its peers, but not by a great deal. I've been pretty happy with it. PREMX burps up a 0$.07 cents per share monthly dividend.