Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Our model statistically quantifies which years to " stay in May" and diversifies into long bonds in applicable years when the model would allocate into cash. Right now there is a chance that it will allocate to long bonds in July ...

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/1109542-market-map/2878563-market-map-model-2-with-sell-in-may-goes-to-cash
  • @jstr: Are you saying that your the author of the linked article ?
    Regards,
    Ted
  • It's May! Anybody selling?
  • @hank
    Howdy,
    We exited most of the equity side two months ago. We'll either be happy with the bonds for several months; or find our monetary arses flat to slightly down for the next six months.
    Take care,
    Catch
  • I always stay invested throughout the year and am very happy that Im diversifiied- one of my bottom holdings last year is leading the pack this year: VNQ at 14.2% ytd. followed closely behind by my utility funds FRUAX at 12.91 and MMUIX at 10.27 ytd.