Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David S., October commentary and a question

edited October 2011 in Off-Topic
Howdy David,

First, thank you for the current commentary; knowing the great amount of time and effort involved with this.

Secondly. A question from Mr. Curious. Without revealing names, of course; do you personally know of how many well known folks in the mutual fund community; those who write articles and such for the magazines, newspapers or blogs who visit and read, and/or respond/post here at MFO?

Thank you again and take care,

Catch

Comments

• Hi Mr Curious,

You forgot to include..."beside me of course"...and me...of course.
  • I *really* like sparkly prose. Tugs at the old checkbook, it do.

For Curious Catch, I've seen some of Professor Snowball's engaging words reproduced wholesale in other venues (not necessarily acknowledged), and it's long been my belief that most mutual fund commentors would be in another line of business without his work. The actual volume of the leaning probably soars far above the modest number who register (if that makes sense - Medicare minus 4 today).

Long may the rebarbative one-liner live!
  • edited October 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi, catch!

Over 1600 people are signed up to receive notification of the site update each month, and we're growing by about 90 names/month. While most of the very early registrants registered from private email accounts (GMail & co.), a fair number of later registrants include people whose names you'd recognize from the financial press or whose company names are from the financial services and mutual fund industries. A surprising number hale from non-US locales (the UK, Spain, Italy...).

Does that help?

David
  • Howdy David,

Thank you for the info; and Mr. Curious is satisfied...:)

And I suspect those who moved from FA are also pleased to know more about the positive growth with MFO.

Regards,

Catch

• Reply to @catch22: Hi, catch,

I'm more than happy to share both data about the site and what I expect we'll be trying in the next couple months. In general I assume that folks' interest in site administration is pretty limited, so I haven't volunteered much.

For what it's worth,

David
  • edited October 2011
    It is most heartening to know that this site is increasing in size by incremental leaps. Although not a Facebook, it is very good to know that serious folks are watching. Thank you Mr Snowball for rendering this service to us.

Indian Rediff