Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Pretty good.

Suspect he reads MFO.
  • edited May 2014
    Maybe the "ideal" fund manager?

(Hit browser "refresh" to re-watch clip)
  • I am surprised he didn't also say - avoid supporting the lavish lifestyle of your RIA by paying an AUM based fee, find one who will charge a service based fee based on your service needs. I wonder why.:-)
  • Amen, cman.
    While there might be a break point at which advice changes, I presume it varies based on number of children and AUM.
    Since I am paid a standard fee more or less by the hour (for advice and management that probably is in the upper 2 percentile, if test results mean anything), I resent someone claiming that their value abruptly increased by the results of my frugality. Hourly rates can be padded, but they make more sense.

While this might be regarded as an "elitist" POV, I really wish there was a site that rated advisors on thier performance or their test scores (not ideal, perhaps; but it means something).