Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Charles Schwab Himself Is A Big Fan Of Index Funds

Comments

• Schwab has some ETFs with very low ERs.
  • Schwab has some ETFs with very low ERs.

Yes, SCHB, the Schwab US Broad Market ETF has an expense ratio of .04%
    I believe this is the lowest expense total market vehicle out there, period.
    SCHH, the Schwab US REIT ETF has an expense ratio of .07%, which I believe is the lowest cost REIT investment out there.

• Hi Ted,

Thank you for the Schwab story.

I was not aware that he too is a heavyweight Index supporter for the general investing population.

He joins the ranks of Warren Buffett and a host of other famous market wizards on this growing list that recommends this simple approach.

The investing public owes him a thanks for his honesty on the matter.

Best Wishes.
  • Many think SCHD is the best of its type. I like it, fwiw.
  • Haystacks? Oh, for crying out loud, you mean they've created yet another asset class, with probably a "series" of commodity subsector ETFs to invest in the space? Will there be no end to it?:)

As for Charles Schwab, the man, I am personally "cautiously optimistic." /sarc